As the name suggests, permanent marker stains can be very difficult to remove from clothes, and you can easily damage them if you try to rub harder. Of course, this is what I’ve done! I ruined my favorite dress while I was trying to rub intensively the trace left by a Sharpie.
Don’t do that! As a “been there done that person”, now I know there a several solution to remove permanent marker from clothing. Seems that permanent marker isn’t so permanent! And here some effective solution to do that:
Surely, the success rate depends on the type of the fabric and this process will not always work.
1. Apply acetone on the stain and wipe with a clean paper towel until the stain disappears.
2. Soak the dirty area in vinegar and leave it for at least an hour to act, and then put the garment in the washing machine.
3. Put a paper towel under your coat. Spray hair spray on the stain and rub with a cotton pad. The role of the paper towel is to absorb the stain and prevent it from spreading.
4. Wash the stained garment in the washer and add a salt mug along with the laundry detergent.
5. You can rub the stain with toothpaste and a paper towel. Rub gently, not like me!
6. Apply lemon juice directly onto the stain and let it work for 1 hour, and then wash the clothing item as usual.
If you put you’re the stained clothing item in the washer trying another remedy before, the permanent marker stain will get deep into the fabric and you will only remove it with a scissors.
Image Credits: Removeallstains