Bed bugs are some of the most feared insects, which are found only in people’s homes and in the poultry houses. The bed bugs come from Asia and spread rapidly in Central and Eastern Europe with the help of people.
The bed bugs are brought to the house by its inhabitants. Although they don’t spread diseases, their bite can cause severe allergies.
If you are also confronted with the issue of bed bugs, then you must immediately take measures to exterminate them. The first hint that you are confronted with bed bugs is the appearance of small and black dots on the mattress and bed sheets. The bed bugs are between 4 and 8 mm in length.
Here’s what you need to do to get rid of them quickly:
1. Carefully inspect all bedding in the house, including pet sleeping areas, to see if you are facing an invasion. Bed bugs can be observed in the evening when they become active with a fluorescent lamp.
2. Carefully vacuum the mattress with a steam cleaner. Heat kills both adult bed bugs and their eggs.
3. If the first method doesn’t work, you can use insecticides.
4. Carefully check the furniture around the bed, because it can also be infected. It is advisable to take it out, in an airy place, to wash it and to give it with insecticide. Also, all clothes should be washed at high temperatures to remove any trace of bed bug and its eggs.
5. Vacuum and ventilate the mattress regularly until you notice that these insects completely disappear.
Image Credits: Pesthacks