If your toddler has grown, I’m pretty sure that you have sippy cups left all over the house. The most concerning thing is when you find a sippy cup fill with old milk…ohh, that’s really disgusting. A chemical bomb will be released!
Anyhow, you don’t have to throw away the sippy cup, because you can easily clean and remove that nasty old milk smell inside of it.
Tools and ingredients needed:
– baking soda
How to use:
Important! Sometimes, sippy cups may get moldy if you don’t remove all its components after each wash. To remove any trace of mold, you can confidently use vinegar.
- Pour 1 cup of undiluted white vinegar inside of the sippy cup and over the moldy areas, shake well the sippy cup, and then rinse it with warm water.
- Then prepare a solution from equal parts of water and vinegar and leave the sippy cup, lid and straw to soak for 15 minutes.
- Remove it and rinse with plenty of cold water.
- Mix 4 cups of water with 1 cup of baking soda and soak the sippy cup and its components in this mixture.
- Let it stand overnight and rinse with plenty of water the next morning.
- Additional, you can add half a cup of vinegar.
To get rid of bad old milk odor inside of a sippy cup, use baking soda as it follows:
Image Credits: SG.Carousell