Glass stovetops are very common these days, especially in America, because they are safer than a gas stovetop. But they are a bit more demanding when it comes to cleaning, because any spilled food will transform into burnt food which will be hard to remove without scratching it.
The secret in removing burnt food on glass stovetop, without scratching the surface, lays in the use of right cleaning products.
And the best and inexpensive method to remove burnt food on glass stove top is the use of baking soda.
Needed tools and ingredients:
– plastic scraper
– baking soda
– cotton cloths
– lemon juice
How to remove burnt traces
- Depending on the burnt residues, prepare a thick mixture of baking soda and water. Spread the paste over the burnt food and let it act for a few minutes.
- Now, use the plastic scraper to easily remove the baking soda paste surplus along with the burnt.
- After most of the burnt residues have been removed from the glass surface, sprinkle baking soda over the burnt area in a fine layer, then squeeze the juice of one lemon over it.
- Leave the baking soda to dissolve for a few minutes, then use a damp cotton cloth to clean the stovetop.
- To make the glass stovetop shiny again, you can spray Windex over it and clean thoroughly with paper towels.
Image Credits: 2BeesInaPod